Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Alba Coy on United move

Alba unaware of United rumours

Valencia full-back quiet on Old Trafford link and contract rumours


By Lucas Brown. Last Updated: November 9, 2011 6:58pm

Image text here
Jordi Alba: Man Utd are reported to see him as a long-term replacement for Patrice Evra

Sky Bet

Jordi Alba claims to be unaware of reports linking him with Manchester United and says he will leave the issue in the hands of his agent.
The Valencia full-back has seen speculation regarding a possible switch to Old Trafford mount as he prepares to line up for Spain in an international friendly against England on Saturday.
Rumours have suggested that United see the 22-year-old as an ideal long-term replacement for Patrice Evra.
Alba, though, insists he remains fully focused on his football and will not allow himself to be drawn into the debate.
"I cannot say anything as I am focused on playing well for Valencia," he said.

Improving

"My representatives are there to handle everything that happens at a higher level. I am not thinking about these things because I do not know if they are true or not.
"I am very happy here and I only think about maintaining and then improving. Anything else is for my representatives to deal with."
Alba is reportedly being lined up for a new contract at Valencia, as they attempt to fend off the interest in his services, but he is remaining tight-lipped regarding his future.
"I have heard these rumours, but I don't know," he said.
"All I want is to play and to do as well as I can on the pitch. My representatives and Valencia will speak when the time comes."

No comments:

Post a Comment